DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “Complete Television, Radio & Cable Industry Guide 2019” book has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
Complete Television, Radio & Cable Industry Guide is the go-to source for station data and industry contacts in the U.S. and Canadian television, radio and cable marketplace. It is the source that media executives, programming managers, and libraries across the country have relied on for up-to-date information for more than seven decades.
In print for more than seven decades as Broadcasting Yearbook and more recently, Broadcasting & Cable Yearbook, this new edition of Complete Television, Radio & Cable Industry Guide offers immediate access to up-to-date data on over 20,000 company/station listings and over 72,000 executives.
This title includes eight major sections, with the “big three” – television, radio, and cable – arguably the most detailed and significant. Comprehensive sections include market areas, call letter lists and station profiles. This guide includes professional services from producers and engineers to equipment manufacturers and legal services, plus those who consult and advocate for this diverse industry.
- Broadcast Television
- Programming & Production Services
- Equipment Manufacturers & Production Services
- Professional Services
- Associations, Events, Education, & Awards
The front matter of the 2019 edition includes industry statistics including lists of station transactions, top shows, and sales of TV receivers and HDTVs. Users will also find a Chronology, Glossary, and “The FCC and Its Regulatory Authority.”
U.S. television starts with statistics that include ranking data, followed by detailed listings of national and regional networks, and group owners. TV stations are arranged by DMA (Designated Market Area). These station listings include dozens of technical details directly from the FCC, such as digital and virtual channel numbers, hours of operation, frequency, and antenna height. Corporate information follows licensee, owner and network plus names of important decision makers, such as President, Station Manager, Program Director and more. Informative lists of TV stations by call letters, list of U.S. stations, and more can be found at the end of this section.
The U.S. radio section starts with a statistical summary, which is followed by detailed listings of national and regional radio networks, and group owners, all with key contact names. Listings are arranged by state of license, then city within the state. Like the television stations, these listings include dozens of technical details directly from the FCC. Users will find a type of programming and special programming, including hours of news programming, and target audience. Long lists of key contacts and decision-makers follow.
Following the detailed station listings is information on international radio, satellite radio, and call letters listed by AM, FM, and frequency. The U.S. radio section ends with detailed programming information – putting each radio station into one or more listening designations, from Adult Contemporary to Vietnamese. This programming index is followed by special programming, with specific details, like where to find a jazz station in Chicago on a Tuesday night.
Comprehensive Canadian radio information follows the U.S. sections – including networks, group owners, detailed station listings, lists by call letters and frequency, and programming.
The cable section starts with a variety of updated statistics on U.S. cable programming, followed by detailed listings of national and regional cable networks, with a separate section on regional cable sports networks. Cable data for Canada follows, with detailed listings of Canadian cable networks. This section also includes industry statistics.
This edition includes ongoing changes as a result of the recent sale of CBS Radio stations to Entercom and others. We are following pending transactions between Disney and Fox, the restructuring of iHeartMedia, and the successful emergence of Cumulus from bankruptcy.
Technical Equipment and Services
In addition to the detailed station listings, the Complete Television, Radio & Cable Industry Guide includes current, comprehensive information on those who provide services, materials and equipment to the industry. From major television syndicates to radio news services, from producers to distributors, from equipment manufacturers to cable audio services, this 2019 edition will help you find the product or service you need.
Professional Services and More
This comprehensive guide also includes listings of employment services, technical consultants, legal services, and talent agents. There is a separate section on associations, trade shows and vocational schools and complete listings for the FCC and other regulatory agencies, as well as Canadian agency information.
Your key to this dynamic industry in one, easy-to-use source, with valuable profiles, industry statistics, and comprehensive indexes, the Complete Television, Radio & Cable Industry Guide provides specifics of thousands of stations in the U.S. and Canada, including audience, programming and contact information, and further, includes sections on what schools offer industry training, and how to keep up on the latest industry regulations.
Key Topics Covered:
2. Chronology of Electronic Media
3. The FCC and Its Regulatory Authority
4. Glossary of Terms
5. List of Abbreviations
6. BROADCAST TELEVISION – U.S.
- Broadcast Market Research
- 55 Years of Station Transactions
- Sales of Television Receivers
- Future of Television – Watch Out: The Flixes Are About To Upend
- Television As We Know It
- Major Broadcast TV Networks
- Regional Broadcast TV Networks
- U.S. TV Group Ownership
- Key to TV Listings
- DMA Cross Reference List
- TV Stations in the United States
- U.S. Television Stations by Call Letters
- U.S. Television Stations by Analog Channel
- U.S. Television Stations by Digital Channel
- U.S. Spanish-Language Television Stations
7. BROADCAST TELEVISION – CANADA
- Communications Monitoring Report, 2018
- Television Broadcasting, 2017
- Major Broadcast Networks in Canada
- TV Group Ownership in Canada
- TV Stations in Canada
- Canadian Television Stations by Call Letters
- Canadian Television Stations by Analog Channel
- Canadian Television Stations by Digital Channel
8. RADIO – U.S.
- Radio Market Rankings
- Sales of Home and Clock Radios
- The Infinite Dial: The Heavy Radio Listeners Report, April 2018
- National Radio Networks
- Regional Radio Networks
- Radio Group Ownership
- Key to Radio Listings
- Radio Stations in the United States
- U.S.-Based International Radio
- U.S.-Based Satellite Radio
- U.S. AM Radio Stations by Call Letters
- U.S. FM Radio Stations by Call Letters
- U.S. AM Stations by Frequency
- U.S. FM Stations by Frequency
- Radio Formats Defined
- Programming on Radio Stations in the U.S.
- Special Radio Programming on Radio Stations in the U.S.
9. RADIO – CANADA
- Communications Monitoring Report, 2017
- Radio Group Ownership
- Radio Stations in Canada
- Canadian AM Radio Stations by Call Letters
- Canadian FM Radio Stations by Call Letters
- Canadian AM Stations by Frequency
- Canadian FM Stations by Frequency
- Programming on Radio Stations in Canada
- Special Programming on Radio Stations in Canada
10. CABLE – U.S.
- Most-Watched Shows of 2017-18
- National Cable Networks
- Regional Cable News Networks
- Regional Cable Sports Networks
11. CABLE – CANADA
- Canadian Cable Networks
12. PROGRAMMING & PRODUCTION SERVICES
- Major TV Program Syndicators/Distributors
- Major National TV News Organizations
- TV News Services
- Radio News Services
- Radio Format Providers
- Cable Audio Services
- Producers, Distributors and Production Services Subject Index
- Producers, Distributors & Production Services Alphabetical Listings
13. EQUIPMENT MANUFACTURERS & PRODUCTION SERVICES
- Equipment Manufacturers and Distributors Subject Index
- Equipment Manufacturers & Distributors Alphabetical Listings
- Satellite & Transmission Services
14. PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
- Employment & Executive Search Services
- Engineering & Technical Consultants
- Legal Services
- Management & Marketing Consultants
- Music Licensing
- Research Services
- Station & Cable System Brokers
- Station Financing Services
- Talent Agents & Managers
15. ASSOCIATIONS, EVENTS, EDUCATION & AWARDS
- National Associations
- State & Regional Broadcast Associations
- State & Regional Cable Associations
- Major Broadcasting & Cable Awards
- Trade Shows
- Union/Labor Groups
- Vocational & Career Development Schools
- Federal Communication Commission Executives & Staff
- US Government Agencies
- US State Cable Regulatory Agencies
- Canadian Government Agencies
For more information about this book visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/mb2809
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900